“I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn’t know how to get along without it.” — Walt Disney
I have a challenge for you. No I’m not going to ask you to stay off Facebok for three days or to do some crazy ten day fast where you don’t eat any food. I want us to make more money together this summer. I want us to work together to reach our goals. I want to see you with more money in your pocket.
I challenge you to try to make $5,000 from freelancing this summer.
A few months back I wrote about what you need to know about freelancing. Once the post went public I realized that I really enjoy freelancing myself and helping others get into freelance work. Aside from the “working for yourself” aspect, you also get to do cool stuff that you couldn’t do if you have a standard 9-5 gig.
How does this freelancing challenge work?
You have to find a new source of income and try to earn $5,000 before September comes around. You can’t count something that you’re already doing. For example, a blogger can’t blog more to make more freelance income. You have to try to do something totally different.
You don’t have to start an online business or get into blogging to make money here. You don’t have to buy blogs, sell blogs, or create your own eBook. You can do anything that you want. You can use your God given skills to make more money this summer. You can spend the next few weeks learning something new so that you can turn around and teach others how to do it for money.
What are a few examples of how you can make more money freelancing this summer?
- Do blog design work, something that was outsourced on this very blog.
- Start freelance writing like I do for over five other personal finance blogs.
- Give guitar lessons like my friend Justin does.
I’m sure that you can find at least one way that you can make more money using your skills.
What does the winner get? Umm, $5,000? You’re making money for yourself and owning your finances. What further incentive do you need?
How do I plan on making an additional $5,000 pre-tax in freelance income?
- Coaching services. I’ve really wanted to get into coaching online and helping others. I’ve done this pretty often when it comes to helping new bloggers get started or anyone that has any questions in general.
- Personal training. I got my license in this field five years ago and never really did anything with it. I love to train and help get others into shape. I’m always looking for new ways to eat better, train smarter, and have more fun working out. My 15 year old brother has been training with me for only a year and he now weights 180lbs of muscle.
That’s all I could think of right now. I’m sure a dozen new ideas will hit me after I hit the publish button on this article.
If you’re sort of confused about the world of freelancing, you should read my post where I help you solve common freelancing problems. I don’t want to hear your excuses about time or anything else.
If you want to join in on the fun then please leave a comment below and bookmark this page. I will update it constantly throughout the next few months.
Do you accept the challenge to try to earn an additional $5,000 in new freelance work this summer?