“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
That’s a picture from the match that I lost in the tournament. If I had to describe my 2014 in one word I would use:
I tried many new things and I’m nowhere near the mastery that I would like to be at. The following quote describes 2014 best (and I plan on sharing this many more times):
“In my experience, successful people shoot for the stars, put their hearts on the line in every battle…In the long run, painful losses may prove much more valuable than wins…Of course, the real challenge is to stay in range of this long-term perspective when you are under fire and hurting in the middle of the war. This, maybe our biggest hurdle, is at the core of the art of learning.” — Joshua Waitzkin
So what happened in 2014?
I wanted to do a public recap to hold myself accountable. I’ll summarize the key events:
- Had many pro wrestling matches. Even main evented a show (I was awful).
- Went to Florida for Spring Break.
- Spoke at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Went to the World Dommination Summit in Portland.
- Went to FinCon in New Orleans.
- Entered a few grappling tournaments.
- Ran a half-marathon.
- Wrote like mad for a few projects that will be released soon.
What needs to be done in 2015?
There’s a whole lot that I didn’t get to in 2014 when I look back. I’ll summarize it in bullet point form because there’s no sense in wasting time.
- Find more clients for Kettlebell Rebels.
- Promote my property page, The Property Dude.
- Publish the Studenomics book.
- Launch a few smaller projects.
- Get better at Spanish, pro wrestling, and BJJ.
What content from 2014 will help you out the most right now?
I want you (and need you) to benefit from my journey. I want you to be better off than me.
The Studenomics MBA — Graduate school fees can kiss my ass. This is the ultimate self-education program. Read it and start it right now.
The Ultimate Guide to Investing in Yourself — Are you investing in yourself? This guide will help you get started because the best investment is in yourself.
The 100 Facebook Friends Challenge — 2014 proved that your network is your net worth. I want you to be more social and to make lots of friends.
Should You Work Hard or Take it Easy in Your 20s? — What do you think? We break down this debate in every possible detail.
The Cure For Boredom — You’ll never be bored again after reading this. I wrote this article one evening when I was bored out of my mind.
What are your plans for 2015? How did 2014 go?