It’s the last day of 2012. The annual wrap up is here. 2012 has been humbled. 2013 isn’t ready for us. The word going around is that 2014 wants to switch places with 2015 because it’s afraid of us.
What’s my plan for the next year?
The business-related (aka money making) goals for 2012:
“If you don’t ship, you actually haven’t started anything at all. At some point, your work has to intersect with the market. At some point, you need feedback as to whether or not it worked. Otherwise, it’s merely a hobby.” — Seth Godin
I’ve applied this quote to my work ever since I read it. I no longer wait to hit “publish.” I don’t waste time. I believe that everything is a work-in-progress. Until you ship your offering to the world, you haven’t done anything.
- Post three high quality articles per week on Studenomics. I don’t plan on stopping my friends. I’m going to try to stick to three detailed posts per week. These will includes research and personal anecdotes. Maybe some pictures?
- Launch a fitness-related venture. This one is coming real soon! Fitness and finance are main passions and I’ve been holding back on the fitness work for far too long. My condolences to anyone that plans on competing against me in the fitness blogging world.
- Sell more copies of my book.
What about the personal (non-money) goals?
- Become a better person. They say you can judge a man by the people he surrounds himself with. This is very true. I’ve been working on meeting new people and becoming a better friend. I did get a bit better but I must admit that I’m still the world’s biggest instigator. My problem is that I can’t hide how I feel. You’ll never have to guess how I feel about you. This also gets me into trouble. The good news is that I know my core group of friends isn’t going anywhere because they’ve put up with me this long. I need to learn to bite my tongue when meeting new folks. I’ve been told that I come on too strong.
- Continue training hard. I love working out and eating right. I don’t plan on stopping either. My problem is that my genetics suck. This means that I have to be even tighter with my diet now that I turned 25. That sucks because I love pizza.
What are the must-read posts of 2012?
I kept it simple and chose the best article from every month.
How-to Never Stress About Money Ever Again : My Financial System — This is exactly how I manage my money. I used this system to make managing money easier than chugging a bottle of water during a brutal hangover. I maybe spend two hours on managing my money per month. That’s all! Why waste time on the boring stuff?
You Think You Can’t Make Money Online? Read This — I love to write about making money online because I love to make money online. We live in a world where you can use your laptop to pick up girls (my friend Roman just moved in with someone he met off eHarmony), watch movies, and make money. Pretty sweet!
The 3-Step Simple Formula to Save $25,000 — I strip everything down to the three core essentials of putting money away.
Martin’s Super Secret Guide to Saving $25,000 by 25 — This post contains my core tenets that I apply to my finances. It’s what I do to save money.
Not Sure How to Pay For College? We Have The Answers Here — I show you exactly how I managed to graduate from college debt-free. Now that I don’t have any debt I can do anything that I want.
The 8 Golden Laws of Money For Dudes in Their 20s — These are money-related rules that I swear by. No grown man should ever show up to a party empty-handed. You’re an adult now and you need to act like one. Until you have a few drinks.
Is It Even Possible For a Young Person to Save Money on Food? — Mmm food. Mmm saving money. How can you go wrong?
Can You REALLY Start a Business With $100? — I was excited to present you guys an interview with Chris Guillebeau.
How to Travel Without Being a Complete Tool — I love to write about travel and plan on jumping into this topic in greater detail.
What You Need to Know About The Stock Market So You Don’t Lose Your Pants — Do you know what the stock market is all about? As sexy as it is to chase hot stocks, you need to understand what’s actually happening behind the scenes.