I guarantee you my last dollar that you have an amazing idea inside of you that you should be sharing with the world.
We all have amazing ideas. One person isn’t wiser than the next when it comes to success. It’s all about execution.
I talk to everyone that I see generally. I focus on the main lifts in the gym. I’m always looking for the next adventure. I believe in being bold and getting out there. This is why I also want you to start sharing what you know.
I want you to share your ideas, stories, thoughts, and whatever else is up there.
Why? Why the hell should you share your ideas with the world?
I’m going to convince you to start sharing your ideas.
Why bother? This is a good question.
- Help someone else. I can totally guarantee you that someone out there can benefit from at least one of your ideas. What are you waiting for?
- You stay focused. Sharing your ideas reinforces the concepts within you. Writing about personal finance has forced me to save money and take my money seriously. I don’t want to be a broke personal finance blogger. We already know that there’s too many of those.
- Make friends. I’ve met all kinds of friends through blogging and sharing my ideas. You’d be surprised by how many like-minded folks are out there looking to make connections.
- Make money. Yes, you can make money (advertising, creating products, and so on). Who doesn’t want to make more money?
- Watch how you progress. When you look through your archives, you’ll get a good chuckle watching how you’ve progressed over time. I get a kick out of checking out articles from 2008. My writing and my ideas have both drastically changed. What was I thinking back then?
That’s why you should be sharing your ideas with the world. Are you convinced yet? If you are, let’s move forward.
How do you start?
There are many ways to get started. It’s easier than ever to get out there these days. You don’t need to go on Shark Tank and beg for money and give up 99% of your company. You don’t have to borrow any money. You can get started with a few bucks a month.
How’s this possible?
I recommend a blog or a Facebook page.
A blog is the easiest way to share your ideas. A Facebook page is even easier. I however have more experience with blogging since I started in 2008 and only started a Facebook page a month ago.
Instead of giving you hypotheticals, I went out of my way to show you exactly how to start a blog (with pictures). I put together a super-detailed piece on how you can get started online. It will only cost you a few bucks and less than an hour.
[You can sign up with Bluehost right now and get your OWN domain up for only a few bucks! If you go to the page right now, there's a back to school sale. For only $3.95 you can have your account up.]
How do you get others to care about your ideas?
This is where things get really fun. There are a few “formulas” out there for building traffic and attracting eyeballs. The process is very challenging, but it can still be simplified…
Write down your best ideas.
What are your best ideas? Focus in on one niche and share your ideas. Share the best ideas possible. Share stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
There’s enough average out there. The world needs some great ideas. Some ideas that will actually make things happen. Can you do this?
Spread the word.
Get the word out there. Don’t be shy. You have nothing to be afraid of.
How do you get the word out?
- Guest post.
- Leave comments.
- Pay a few bucks on advertising.
- Reach out to others.
- Join forums.
- Keep in putting your best ideas forward.
There’s no substitute for consistency.
I wish there was a way around this. I just launched Kettlebell Rebels. I’ve been asking around for shortcuts and guess what? There are none. All of my blogging buddies in this fitness world have laughed at me because all bloggers know that there are no shortcuts.
Just be consistent and see what happens.
Start sharing your ideas with the world. I don’t want to hear any excuses. There are single moms and folks with families sharing ideas that make them lots of money.
“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” –Seth Godin
P.S. Yes I know that I use this quote a lot. I stand behind it fully. Why always be looking to escape? Life can be amazing. Don’t wait.